Last Wednesday, we held our second morning seminar of 2017 and the topic was business digitalization. The goal of these morning seminars is to provide educational content to Estonian companies, who could benefit from co-operation with Net Group. The seminar took place in Radisson Blu Sky Hotel, we enjoyed great speakers, breakfast and the amazing view from the 24th floor.
First steps of creating an IT strategy
Our goal was to educate the attendees about business digitalization. What are the first questions a company and its employees have to keep in mind when creating an IT strategy? This was the topic of our first speaker Jaanus Erlemann. He brought out 13 key questions that need to be answered before, during and after creating an IT strategy. The questions are following:
- What is the real business of the company?
- What is the value that you create for your customer?
- Which products and services need to be in your portfolio?
- In which area are you actively operating?
- What separates you from your competitors in the eye of the customer?
- What is the level of ambition in the company?
- In which development stage are you in?
- What is the suitable IT architecture?
- Who develops the software (do it yourself or buy it)?
- What should the infrastructure be like?
- In which order should different steps be taken?
Keeping these questions in mind and answering them every once in a while will help you move towards a successful IT strategy that works together with the overall company goals and strategy.
Case study and Net Group’s created value
Our second speaker Jane Jalasto from Telia moved from strategy creation to real execution. She talked about different IT projects they have undertaken together with Net Group over the years and about how Net Group has helped to achieve their goals. We have had a long-standing partnership already for more than 8 years.
Our way of helping your business
Last but not least, the final presentation came from our own Anders Abel, who introduced the Net Group’s way of working, our views on rapid prototyping and also shared some visual examples with the audience. Net Group is not only a technology company, we are also business consultants. We want to understand the roots of the business and help our clients develop a successful IT strategy that goes hand in hand with the long-term goals of the company.
Interested in attending Net Group’s morning seminars? Write us an email at email@example.com and we’ll let you know as soon as another one is coming up!